Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: -rep suggestion

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default -rep suggestion

Just a suggestion to see what people think.

There are benefits to -rep but to be honest, it has more negatives than positives.

A lot of the time, if user A -reps user B, there is a high chance that user B will get annoyed at user A. There is then the chance of user B arguing with user A in threads and pointlessly -repping them back. All this does is cause a bad atmosphere on the forum.

Its better to just scrap -rep all together thus hopefully reducing some arguments and promoting +rep further which management have been trying to do.
    It also means people don't argue over rep and removes suspicions on Administrators removing their -reps.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree, I don't really see the need for negative reputation, what do others think?
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There are some forums, which allow you to -rep
    But if you -rep someone, you lose a point too, so people only -rep when really required.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Totally agree I've been meaning to make a thread on this for a while. Not only is it quite obviously a "negative" factor due to the arguments it causes it's pretty pointless too.

For instance some people just use it when they disagree with someone or to strike up an argument (if they wish to do this they should grow a pair and PM them or reply to their posts). I've also never seen why people -rep others for breaking rules, the moderators are there to dish out the punishments not us

Would be a very good move IMO.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

I think it would be good to scrap negative reputation.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I cant remember the last time i -repped someone (apart from muct), and i use the rep feature a lot. So from my point of view, yeah its pretty pointless i guess.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Plus, the other user will probably just -rep you back. I wouldn't have any objections, if it was scrapped and disabled.
    Jordan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In my opinion -rep only causes problems. If a post deserves a -rep half of the time it is probably a post that is breaking the rules so simply reporting the post will ensure justice is done and that person gets punished. The rest of the time the post isn't actually breaking any rules but has simply annoyed another user, whether it due to that post being narrow-minded or the poster simply being an idiot there is always going to be an argument, removing -rep wouldn't really change anything on that side as people will still retaliate in the thread.
    Last edited by Apple; 04-08-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    In my opinion -rep only causes problems. If a post deserves a -rep half of the time it is probably a post that is breaking the rules so simply reporting the post will ensure justice is done and that person gets punished. The rest of the time the post isn't actually breaking any rules but has simply annoyed another user, whether it due to that post being narrow-minded or the poster simply being an idiot there is always going to be an argument, removing -rep wouldn't really change anything on that side.
    Agreed, it just causes more arguments. I would rather someone argues with me in a thread by posting than via -rep - as you can't even reply to the -rep as it will just get removed as revenge rep.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    For instance some people just use it when they disagree with someone or to strike up an argument (if they wish to do this they should grow a pair and PM them or reply to their posts). I've also never seen why people -rep others for breaking rules, the moderators are there to dish out the punishments not us
    in FAQ it says
    "Red Rep
    When you do something bad you will most likely receive Red rep which is classed as bad. This will also cause your reputation count / points to decrease. You may be bad (Red) repped for the following reasons: -
    -Pointless Posting
    -Double posting
    -Being rude
    -Breaking the forum rules
    Red reputation is displayed as a Red block. ."

(overkill on the word 'bad' jfc)
    :S it's stupid, if someone -repped me for pointless posting i'd ask for it to get removed and it probably would be...

pigged 25/08/2019

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast