HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

Their new album. Absolutely terrible. You either love the band or you hate them, but I've been a fan of everything they've ever done right from the beginning one decade ago. But this? It's beyond awful. It's very much a concept album, but it's such a departure that you could never identify a single song with being from Linkin Park. Minutes to Midnight was a departure for them, but it still very much had their voice and it paid off. A Thousand Suns is downright horrendous.

Charging your songs with political opinion is nothing new, injecting your lyrics with dread and destruction is nothing new. They should have listened to Trent Reznor's work and stuck to what they're good at. The lyrics are so badly written and cliched that they make Coldplay's sound good. Both guitarists are completely drowned out for the vast majority of the album and the amount of filler makes it a complete waste of money. It's barely an album at all in fact with so much of it being 'musical interludes' with audio snippets of protest speeches from long ago. The length of actual songs seem to be the band's compensation for lack of proper music, yet they're five minutes each loaded with techno beats that sound like they came from cheap computer software. And there is zero balance vocally between Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington.

Wow, what a disappointment. I waited two years for such an insipid waste of time and money.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I am a huge fan of LP, and even though I didn't really like MTM, I was still pretty stoked for this album. Is it worth giving a go at least?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

As am I, but if you didn't like the departure that was Minutes to Midnight, I think you'll positively hate A Thousand Suns, and this is coming from someone who did ilike MTM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

tbh i dont understand how linkin park still has a fanbase, even up to their last album, i thought the phase of nu-metal bands with obnoxious misspelled names died like 8 years ago.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Linkin Park as literally my favourite band, and I have to say I was quite disappointed with A Thousand Suns. Althought Minutes to Midnight wasn't exactly their best, it had a few decent songs on it. But there is only really one song on their new album I like, and it isn't all that good . I expected more from them with this album as they seem to spend so long making them. A part of me wishes they would go back to what they used to do, which I absolutely loved.

One thing I'm really annoyed with is that it's like they've done away with instruments. I love a bit heavy guitar in my songs, but its just full of computerised effects and slight drumming in the background :S.
    Last edited by RandomManJay; 20-09-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

I liked Minutes to Midnight, and I approached this with an open mind. Aside from a couple, I'm not really enjoying this album to be honest.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

I'm a huge fan of Linkin Park (i'm serious huge) and there was only two songs on this album that even remotely impressed me: Wretches & Kings and The Catalyst.

Apart from that, really disappointed. If you take out all of the speeches and filler beats, that album would be stupidly short. It's a serious disappointment, but at least their Underground material is still pretty funny.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Haven't heard much of it yet but if I just heard it lets say on the radio I probably wouldn't realise who it was.

I suppose a lot of bands these days get sick of doing the same stuff, and want to break out, sometimes sticking to the same thing can become repetitive but sometimes it works - look at AC/DC

Tokens
    Habbo
    KyoraStryker

Latest Awards:

Linkin Park was awesome during their Hybrid Theory/Meteora years. Once they did that Reanimation crap with Jay-Z, it completely killed my tolerance for them.

They tried to redeem themselves (at least in my opinion) with Minutes to Midnight, and while I admit that a couple of the songs on MTM were good, my opinion on LP remains the same.

I don't think I even want to give their new album more than a cursory glance.

BIG thank you to the graphics department for making this banner. I LOVE IT!

"If Herbal Essences shampoo has all these exotic effects on women, is their hair really the first place they put it?"
    Last +rep: Shar,
    Next posting goal: | 100 | 250 | 500 | 1,000 | 1,500 | 2,500 | 5,000 | 10,000 |

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by KyoraStryker View Post
    Linkin Park was awesome during their Hybrid Theory/Meteora years. Once they did that Reanimation crap with Jay-Z, it completely killed my tolerance for them.

They tried to redeem themselves (at least in my opinion) with Minutes to Midnight, and while I admit that a couple of the songs on MTM were good, my opinion on LP remains the same.

I don't think I even want to give their new album more than a cursory glance.
    Reanimation wasn't with Jay-Z. Reanimation was a remix album between Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Collision Course was the album done with Jay-Z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast