HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default "Mildy inappropriate content (never anything 18+)"

There has always been one rule on the forum that I have never been 100% certain with, and that's the following:

A2. Do not post inappropriately ~ Habbox Forum has an audience that includes younger members, and as such all content must be suitable for those members. You must not:
    Talk about adult subjects in an explicit manner.
    Swear or avoid the forum filter in any way (including by using abbreviations)
    Post images, videos or links that with inappropriate content like gore, nudity, obscenity or annoyance.
    Post links which may cause a nuisance to other forum members, such as "Rick Rolling" etc.

Mildly inappropriate content (never anything rated 18+) is allowed where sufficient warning is added into the post and the image or link is placed within a spoiler. The final decision on what is or is not inappropriate is at the Moderator's discretion.
    I'm pretty sure the "Mildly inappropriate content - never anything 18+" was added not so long ago. Now to me, that isn't a proper rule. It openly allows itself to be viewed in many different ways. A rule shouldn't leave people in question, it should be clear and be the end of.

So first of all, who decides what is classed as 18+ and what isn't? If a member thinks that what they are posting isn't 18+ but a Mod does, who is wrong and who is right?

I have seen so many things removed and the users punished (even if they have gave a warning) for posting things that would of actually been allowed in a movie rated 15. Here is a screenshot of the guidelines directly from the BFFC, these are the guidelines they have set for films rated 15.

Warning: Contains swearing

The image speaks for itself.

I think it's fair to say that the British Board of Film Classification have a better knowledge and understanding of what a 15+ year old should and should not be allowed to see than any of us here at Hxf. I am not suggesting that you suddenly allow users to start posting around the forum anything that would be acceptable in a rated 15 film, I am suggesting that providing a warning has been given and it is in a spoiler, it should then be allowed.

Thoughts and opinions?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

We should just have the guidelines like you've posted

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The Mildly inappropriate content rule needs to be explained more tbh. We need a list of what is mild to hxf and what isn't. Pretty much 10x better than having a mod base it on their opinion and then have someone reporting the infraction or whatever because they think it's mild which is a waste of time. I won't even attempt to post anything that I think is just mild anymore because the chances are to a mod it won't be

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by stephenHi View Post
    The Mildly inappropriate content rule needs to be explained more tbh. We need a list of what is mild to hxf and what isn't. Pretty much 10x better than having a mod base it on their opinion and then have someone reporting the infraction or whatever because they think it's mild which is a waste of time. I won't even attempt to post anything that I think is just mild anymore because the chances are to a mod it won't be
    Agreed.

And agreed with the OP. I remember there being a hilarious video of some idiots throwing stones at a car, then getting run over by that car. It wasnt gruesome or disturbing in any way, yet it got taken down because apparently it wasnt appropriate. Meh, i laughed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I completely agree. I had this image as my profile picture for about two years until it was removed a few weeks ago for being 'inappropriate'. I know for a fact dozens of admins and moderators had seen it before it was removed and they had no problem with it whatsoever, so this goes to show that some moderators need to better understand the guidelines and really grasp what is appropriate and what isn't, as right now they're not at all on the same page. The rules need to be a lot more specific.

Tokens
    Habbo
    transcripts

Latest Awards:

Rules are currently being changed and discussed with Forum Management and General (as apart of the Review I believe - forgive me I've been away). I agree that it would need some better understanding as some of the items listed (especially in terms of language) are currently not allowed on the forum - so yeah it needs to be made more clearer what you can and can not post. I think the spoiler rule also makes it even more complicated as users think they can post it as long as there is a warning/spoiler when in fact it isnt allowed still - this would also need to be addressed.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I also don't like how mods can use their 'discretion' in some cases, it should be firmly pointed out what your not allowed do in the rules. Don't try defend this because I know someone will, this is for example purposes. If a mod doesn't like someone they could be allot more firm on them. Where as someone they like they could just leave it be. I don't find that fair at all that if you did have a bias mod they could do that.

For example youtube videos etc. Clearly point out what we are and are not allowed. (I'm not sure if this has been added, haven't looked at the rules in yonks)

P.S the forum would be a better place if the mods just steered clear from a post unless its reported, then they can investigate because obviously if its not reported, no-ones offended.
    Last edited by Richie; 28-10-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the restrictions on language are a bit tight here at HxF - although the rules we have regarding sexual content (mention but not in detail and no sex-specific threads) are fine.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    I think the restrictions on language are a bit tight here at HxF - although the rules we have regarding sexual content (mention but not in detail and no sex-specific threads) are fine.
    You're only saying that because you wrote them lol. I've probably seen PG-13 movies that have sexual references that would be banned on Habbox

This is an example, its not really affecting anyone.......
    + its hilarious you can't even say ********** on the forum lol?

DO NOT CLICK IF UNDER 18 **** HABBOX CONSIDER THIS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH ****
    http://www.clubhabboforum.net/showthread.php?t=330755
    Last edited by emotional; 28-10-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: dont no

Tokens

Latest Awards:

"Young audience" is open to interpretation too. In fairness, 13 year olds aren't young so if you get 12 year olds joining then it's not up to the forum and a quick edit in the ToS should solve any issues, by saying that "this forum is intended for teenagers (13+). Younger viewers are advised not to join or to take caution using the forum." 13 is under the legal limit of sex, but 12A films for example allow infrequent swearing e.g. the F word, BUT of course swearing is useless anyway, though this does mean some swearing should probably be allowed (although I am fairly certain the filter has been dealt with in a fair and justifiable manner).

However, before some HxF managers go on their sex craved attitude, 12A or "teenagers" (13+ as intended) are still teenagers and should be dealt with as teens with an appropriate attitude to match. I remember a while ago someone saying that HxF has always wanted to be a professional or "mature" forum, which to me screams out "BORING!" and completely contrasts with the target audience of the forum. This is slowly lightening up, but obviously some improvement may arise.

If anything, I think the attitude of the higher-ups could be improved - some of their attitudes can be so bad you can smell it through any USB port on a computer. The rules themselves are decent, though not perfect.

I do agree with Richie's post to some degree, that some mods are clearly void of "interpreting" rules, as some believe they can read the mind of users when they're about as dumb and stupid as the rest of us when it comes to reading minds. For example, posts which may offend a user, when in fact they probably do not care, and a moderator interception can cause more damage than solve. Members aren't babies, they're 13+ and could probably solve their own problems amongst themselves provided they do not break any of the major rules e.g. language. Bullying is up for interpretating, and a moderator could just as well PM the "bullied" ember asking them if it's okay and take action if it's becoming too heated, though I have noticed some members who are not directly involved tend to calm the discussions e.g. the Minecraft threads in the Minecraft Forum.

It depends if you want to give members a bit of leverage.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 28-10-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast