HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The Changes to Voting

I don't understand why anyone would complain that a charity is a popular choice (which lets be honest, is why people seem to have complained..), however I do see the logic behind the change.

There is only one charity on that list I would want my money to go towards now, although as I stated in another thread it does not bother me hugely what charity the money DOES go to. Although; I am against the idea of giving money to 'Operation Christmas Child'. The money Habbox give to them, if they win, surely won't be of use until NEXT Christmas? Also, for personal reasons I do not believe the presents given to the children are distributed as they are supposed to be. As I said I do have personal reasons to have this belief, which are perfectly fair.

Finally, may I ask why poll results have to be hidden? I can't see any harm in them being public...

Anyway, I guess it is nice to spread the money around to different charities, instead of the same ones every year.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quite happy with it. I was disappointed in seeing Cancer Research win (basically) because I'd rather money be focused on people who will not have a happy christmas this year, and probably the year after that. I want to help real people, in real time. Of course it'd be nice to find a cure to cancer but that's going to save people a bit down the track.

Also, poll results shouldn't be hidden.
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

I think it's good and I think the charity which wins this year shouldn't be chosen next year for fairness.

But as Jin said the reason the results are hidden is because people were just going for the ones with least/most votes and not actually thinkin for themselves.

I'm much happier with the selections now

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would complain that a charity is a popular choice (which lets be honest, is why people seem to have complained..), however I do see the logic behind the change.

There is only one charity on that list I would want my money to go towards now, although as I stated in another thread it does not bother me hugely what charity the money DOES go to. Although; I am against the idea of giving money to 'Operation Christmas Child'. The money Habbox give to them, if they win, surely won't be of use until NEXT Christmas? Also, for personal reasons I do not believe the presents given to the children are distributed as they are supposed to be. As I said I do have personal reasons to have this belief, which are perfectly fair.

Finally, may I ask why poll results have to be hidden? I can't see any harm in them being public...

Anyway, I guess it is nice to spread the money around to different charities, instead of the same ones every year.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

every christmas when I see someone nominate cancer research it's just like.. might aswell vote for it because everyone always does

so im glad

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by stephenHi View Post
    every christmas when I see someone nominate cancer research it's just like.. might aswell vote for it because everyone always does

so im glad
    That's like voting labour because everyone else does. Or jumping off a cliff since a lot of other people do?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm glad too, as much as charities such as Help For Heros are a worthy cause, I feel that there are other charities that would be better suited, such as a childrens charity.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

meh. every charity is a worthy cause butttttt at the end of the day it's all for charity so not bothered. wish all changes were that quick. couldn't resist (A)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My old college does shoeboxes to Operation Christmas Child every year and I imagine other schools/colleges do it too hence why someone nominated it? I wouldn't have heard of it if it wasn't for my college. I'm not really sure how unfair distribution can be the fault of the charity. If people are donating more girls things than boy things then they're gonna give out more girly things? So yeah maybe you're talking about something else but that's my general thought.

People nominated it so if people vote for it and it wins then that's just the way it goes for this year and then next year, it'll hopefully go to a charity you think it deserves to go to more

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i made a post about nominating cancer research weeks and weeks ago... you should focus on a smaller charity.

cancer research is just so unoriginal.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So basically the original poll was pointless because the votes meant absolutely nothing. Don't decide you want to do things differently half way through, it is idiotic and unprofessional. Cancer Research won the poll outright and deserves to be in the final poll along with the second and third places; Help for Heroes and the RSPCA. Obviously majority opinion means nothing to the management of this forum.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast