HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Default NSPCC cartoons on Facebook

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet but lots of my friends on Facebook have changed their profile picture to a cartoon character then posted this message...

'Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6th), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion... of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.'

Anyone know anymore about it or even taking part?

I get the distinct impression someone just made it up as there's nothing official by the NSPCC about it and I can't help but feel it's doing no good really and a donation would be help the NSPCC a lot more?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

I'm doing it...whether or not it does anything I don't care it's just the fact you're showing respect to the NSPCC for doing it. It may not even be official but still it's showing you care.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Is changing your profile picture really showing you care though? You're not actually putting yourself out or benefiting the NSPCC.

Just my thoughts on it anyways.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Is changing your profile picture really showing you care though? You're not actually putting yourself out or benefiting the NSPCC.

Just my thoughts on it anyways.
    You're taking the time & effort to do it. It may not be much but it's showing you're willing enough to do it. And it's aimed at kids/teens, most of which don't have money to donate to the NSPCC so this is another way of raising awareness ect.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I thought it was raising awareness, its certainly got people talking therefore raising awareness.

And i did it anyway since its nice to get all those childhood memories

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't see the point in this either tbh. All you're doing is changing your profile picture; not donating money or anything. It is getting people talking about it (this thread for example), which I'm guessing is the whole point of it

Just another Facebook craze which people set up to try and get famous. I won't be joining in though

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Practically all my friends have changed theirs, I think it creates some awereness as people are talking about it. If enough people do it it'll probably get some news coverage which is win win

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah its an awareness thing. im not sure if its official or not but IM MAGIKARP Y'ALL
    you can be my daddy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It is pathetic - just some loser who made it up..

It started off as something about 'National Cartoon Day' then someone creates this.

I think everyone knows about the NSPCC anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Not really seeing the point. Lazy activism and I doubt it's benefitting the charity in any way.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast