HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default vicar arrested in child sex abuse probe

Couldnt find a normal section for normal news so this will have to do.

I hate nasty people like this.

The Rev Chris Hanson, 63, who preaches at Ascension Church in Custom House, was quizzed by detectives last week. He has since been suspended “without prejudice” from his Church of England duties by the Diocese of Chelmsford.
    Members of the congregation at the church in Baxter Road have been shocked by the news.
    Police have not released full details of the allegations MrHanson faces, but it is understood they do not relate to his time at Ascension Church. He was arrested at his home in Broadgate Road, Beckton, last week and has been released on police bail until June 29.
    A police spokesman confirmed: “A 63-year-old man from east London has been arrested on suspicion of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity as part of an investigation being carried out by Thames Valley Police.
    Campaign
    “The man was arrested by officers from the Metropolitan Police Service, who were acting on behalf of Thames Valley Police.
    “An investigation was launched following an allegation of an historic offence committed in the east Berkshire area.”
    Mr Hanson is well known within the community and last year led a high profile campaign to prevent the deportation of a woman who claimed she had been accused of witchcraft in her native Nigeria and faced certain death if she returned.
    A spokesman for the Diocese of Chelmsford said: “The Bishop of Chelmsford has suspended Rev Hanson from all his duties within the Church of England. This suspension is without prejudice. The Church of England follows established policies and procedures and training programmes in child protection. We are holding all those who may be affected by the situation in our prayers and are providing pastoral care to Rev Hanson and the parish.”

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news...probe_1_908246

Reason why i care so much is because this is the Vicar that did my nephews Baptism just under 5 months ago.

Not to mention hes been in my nephews room playing trains with him...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Removed faces on family members.

moderator alert Thread moved by Aidenn (Forum Super Moderator) From 'Discuss Anything' as i feel its more suited here

Last edited by Aidenn; 02-06-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan™ View Post
    Reason why i care so much is because this is the Vicar that did my nephews Baptism just under 5 months ago.

Not to mention hes been in my nephews room playing trains with him...
    Oh gosh, this must be quite some news to get you and your families heads around!

They all seem to be vicars lately; or is it just because they're the ones that are always in the media?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is a real shame, I just wish I could say I was surprised.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Well it is well known that these professions and teaching, sport's coaching and any profession that gives unfettered access to children attracts people like this for obvious reasons. What worries me is the amount of time they get away with it. Victims don't seem to report or are not taken seriously enough.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Warbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    This is a real shame, I just wish I could say I was surprised.
    Agreed.