HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Genuinely stuck in a rut

Right, i've got a media based CV and a lot of the media based jobs online are "marketing / advertising"

But the marketing is deceiving its ******* Field sales and personally I don't fancy harrassing people all hours of the day.

Is there anyone else who wanted to get into the media industry (not bothered what aspect) and how you got into it, what helped, how did you get the most replies?

I'm on a literal downer and I have a feeling my interview next week isn't "client representation" but is in fact door to door sales.

Personally I want to get into Advertising, Public Relations etc, but I'd be happy working in broadcast television, local news or radio.

Just not, *******, field sales.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A portfolio is the best way to get into the media industry. One of the main reasons I'm doing my course is to gain access to equipment. Portfolios are everything.

Forgot to mention, ask a local broadcast company if you can shadow one of their workers for a day or two. It looks good on a resume (shows you're genuinely interested and not doing it for an easy life) and sometimes lets you meet people.
    Last edited by Niall!; 23-09-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Click the image.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've gotten a reply from the Northern Echo allowing me to shadow in may next year, but I can't wait that long, although i'm still taking the opportunity.

Also I have a portfolio of college media work, how do I go about with a portfolio? I don't trust to leave it with any Northern media companies as a lot of my work is on college computers (I did transfer, but it didn't transfer all of it)
    Last edited by Accipiter; 23-09-2011 at 05:55 PM.