HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    The point is they don't, there's no discussion.
    Since when does there have to be discussion to be enjoyment? I enjoy posting what I'm listening to. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you. If people didn't care about posting there, they wouldn't do it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    The point is they don't, there's no discussion.
    LOL. This is a bit silly. They wouldn't post there otherwise. xx

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

I enjoy looking through those threads to see what others are listening to, i don't know why but when i'm bored it's there as something to do. I see no reason to move it to a different forum or remove the post count as it will certainly die, why fix something that isn't broken?

If you want to start nitpicking, then we should also remove the post count from the PAPOY thread as well, as it offers no discussion past the inevitable "looking good" comment.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I swear this is discussed every other month. I personally don't see the point in moving them to spam or games. If they get moved they will most certainly die and will not be kept to the intended point of the thread.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i don't mind making them no post gain from now on i think i'd lose a **** load of my posts though and i think a lot of older members would to. they're just old school.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I see no reason to move it to a different forum or remove the post count as it will certainly die
    If they get moved they will most certainly die
    Does this not imply that people's main incentive to post in there is for post count?

I'm not suggesting losing past post count, I'm suggesting doing as like a few years ago when forum games was made into no count increase and let everyone keep their count from the threads but cease it from increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    If you want to start nitpicking, then we should also remove the post count from the PAPOY thread as well, as it offers no discussion past the inevitable "looking good" comment.
    Unlike "what you're listening to" threads you do at least get discussion for almost every post in that thread
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 10-12-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    It would just die in spam or forum games.
    People enjoy posting there
    Which is it Chirs? This is the same false logic people tried for keeping the post count in forum games - either people will post there anyway (which has become the case for forum games and it's all happy happy) or it will die (thus proving that people only post there for easy post count) but there's no way anyone can claim that it's discussive enough to not fall into spam rules
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Which is it Chirs? This is the same false logic people tried for keeping the post count in forum games - either people will post there anyway (which has become the case for forum games and it's all happy happy) or it will die (thus proving that people only post there for easy post count) but there's no way anyone can claim that it's discussive enough to not fall into spam rules
    Why can't it be both? The fact that the thread is in the music section keeps it both active and on topic and it's a nice thread people can easily pop in to. Where it's located is a big part of why it's used so often, it would pretty much lose its purpose if moved to forum games. Notice how all the other 'what are you' threads have faded from existence since they were relocated or closed. And if it were moved to spam you know it will diverge into something else.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Why can't it be both? The fact that the thread is in the music section keeps it both active and on topic and it's a nice thread people can easily pop in to. Where it's located is a big part of why it's used so often, it would pretty much lose its purpose if moved to forum games. Notice how all the other 'what are you' threads have faded from existence since they were relocated or closed. And if it were moved to spam you know it will diverge into something else.
    I have agree on the last point here, if it was put into spam it will probably become very off topic
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Notice how all the other 'what are you' threads have faded from existence since they were relocated or closed.
    Prob because they're all rubbish threads that were only used for easy post count
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast