HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Version 7

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    If you don't like how up to date the information is, go and update it yourself, we're doing other things, such as making pages which currently have NOTHING on them, which is a higher priority.
    Pages with no content are a priority regardless of which site they're on.

The new content that I've written will take an age to update on V6, because it will require different graphics to be made and more coding added which is just a waste of time for a site that hopefully won't be up for much longer.
    Those posts, do they REALLY need updating? We haven't had any celeb visits in a year.
    That's not saying the coding is bad, that's saying it will take time out of the coder's day and delay the v7 release even more, and will waste graphics designer's time too for something that won't be around for that long.

On the V6 site I've only been working on it for 3 days in my entire content 'career' and I'm focusing on doing other pages at the moment. We'll get round to them when we get round to them. At the moment I want to add information to the wiki though.
    Yeah, like I said, I'm working on the Wiki at the moment because I've already done V6 work this weekend. Besides this exact quote CLEARLY says 'I'M WORKING ON OTHER PAGES' ............................

I did miss your post on the safety page being updated, was too busy discussing the wiki And you didn't say the coding was bad, but more code to be added, which I assume is bad coding, because you'd expect it to be there in the first place.
    That's convenient, I've also discussed other pages on this thread. Coding just needs changing if we were to use my Public Rooms, and because there are about 20 more rooms which aren't on the current site but will be on v7 they'd need to be added and I have no idea how to duplicate coding. It might be simple but it's still wasted time for SOMEONE. Stop making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.

If you're going to get around to updating the pages, then there's no issue
    you're the one criticising us for not doing the work and making the issue...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Pages with no content are a priority regardless of which site they're on.

That's not saying the coding is bad, that's saying it will take time out of the coder's day and delay the v7 release even more, and will waste graphics designer's time too for something that won't be around for that long.

Yeah, like I said, I'm working on the Wiki at the moment because I've already done V6 work this weekend. Besides this exact quote CLEARLY says 'I'M WORKING ON OTHER PAGES' ............................

That's convenient, I've also discussed other pages on this thread. Coding just needs changing if we were to use my Public Rooms, and because there are about 20 more rooms which aren't on the current site but will be on v7 they'd need to be added and I have no idea how to duplicate coding. It might be simple but it's still wasted time for SOMEONE. Stop making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.

you're the one criticising us for not doing the work and making the issue...
    Calm down I didn't say you're not doing any work, I'm simply stating that there are pages on the site that haven't been updated in over a year, and personally, I consider them more important, considering they're the front of house sort of content pages, rather than the blank content wiki pages on department managers etc. I'm just providing feedback that it would be nice to see the main site get updated despite V7 not coming out.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Calm down I didn't say you're not doing any work, I'm simply stating that there are pages on the site that haven't been updated in over a year, and personally, I consider them more important, considering they're the front of house sort of content pages, rather than the blank content wiki pages on department managers etc. I'm just providing feedback that it would be nice to see the main site get updated despite V7 not coming out.
    You're insinuating that we are. Most of the pages on V6 are fully comprehensive, if not perfect in other ways and we don't have time to double check so much information, we're working on different pages at the moment and we'll get round to the whole site eventually; there's only 2 of us!!!! Like I've also said before, we have to do what the manager tells us to do and for those working solely on the Wiki, their job is to keep it is as up to date as possible. If V7 was to be released next month it'd be a bit of a waste us working so hard on v6 for it all to be scrapped really! If you want V6 updating desperately applications are open

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You're insinuating that we are. Most of the pages on V6 are fully comprehensive, if not perfect in other ways and we don't have time to double check so much information, we're working on different pages at the moment and we'll get round to the whole site eventually; there's only 2 of us!!!! Like I've also said before, we have to do what the manager tells us to do and for those working solely on the Wiki, their job is to keep it is as up to date as possible. If V7 was to be released next month it'd be a bit of a waste us working so hard on v6 for it all to be scrapped really! If you want V6 updating desperately applications are open
    I'm saying that V6 content hasn't been updated very often, not that content workers aren't doing anything, and the pages are comprehensive, they make sense, there's not many errors - it's just that it's old, that's all. And if V7 was to come next month, why would it be a waste? Are content pages not transferred over? I assumed they would be, but obviously I'm wrong

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This isn't about the wiki so much, it's about why V7 is making content designers not do anything with content on Habbox.com really (and therefore content designers focusing on just the wiki...)
    Back in August I was given a week to have all the pages done for V7, this ridiculous estimation for V7 completion being the core issue, naturally if V7 was going to be completed immanently there was no point in updating V6 again. It wasn't until I got more involved with V7 that I suddenly realised that it was months from completion and Skynus and I made the decision then to start updating V6 again. As for now Habbox.com is getting updated but Content Design is a fairly small team now anyway.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Back in August I was given a week to have all the pages done for V7, this ridiculous estimation for V7 completion being the core issue, naturally if V7 was going to be completed immanently there was no point in updating V6 again. It wasn't until I got more involved with V7 that I suddenly realised that it was months from completion and Skynus and I made the decision then to start updating V6 again. As for now Habbox.com is getting updated but Content Design is a fairly small team now anyway.
    Yeah, Matt addressed this earlier and said that the V6 updating restriction was lifted This updating restriction along with a small team explains the issues with V6 content

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I'm saying that V6 content hasn't been updated very often, not that content workers aren't doing anything, and the pages are comprehensive, they make sense, there's not many errors - it's just that it's old, that's all. And if V7 was to come next month, why would it be a waste? Are content pages not transferred over? I assumed they would be, but obviously I'm wrong
    Not all of them are being transferred, last time I heard. Apart from the Celebrity Visits and stuff about HC being brought back there isn't that much that's majorly been updated on Habbo and therefore it's no pressing isue to update the pages on Habbox when most of the spelling/rewriting issues have been fixed and added to V7 already.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not all of them are being transferred, last time I heard. Apart from the Celebrity Visits and stuff about HC being brought back there isn't that much that's majorly been updated on Habbo and therefore it's no pressing isue to update the pages on Habbox when most of the spelling/rewriting issues have been fixed and added to V7 already.
    I realise you personally won't be able to answer this, but why would you not transfer content over to the new site? (Unless of course it was out of date and irrelevant)

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I realise you personally won't be able to answer this, but why would you not transfer content over to the new site? (Unless of course it was out of date and irrelevant)
    When I was first in the department there was a discussion about how much information should be on the main site due to the presence of that same information being on the Wiki and the forum.

Having said that, I'm not really aware of what's going on there, all I know is the pages which I've written.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When I was first in the department there was a discussion about how much information should be on the main site due to the presence of that same information being on the Wiki and the forum.

Having said that, I'm not really aware of what's going on there, all I know is the pages which I've written.
    I suppose you would need to find a balance. Technically everything except news could end up on the wiki if it really wanted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567