HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Would you prefer a Reputation System or a Like System

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rep System - Keep it as it is

32 50.00%
  • Rep System - Reduce users rep power (rep inflation)

4 6.25%
  • Like System - Start fresh!

11 17.19%
  • Like System - Convert existing +Reps into Likes (1 +Rep = 1 Like)

14 21.88%
  • Get rid of both systems

2 3.13%
  • Other (Post Below)

1 1.56%
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default REPUTATION OR LIKE SYSTEM

So, after a lengthy discussion about whether reputation is important to people, I thought I'd post this to find out what system people would prefer overall.

Please post any additional "conditions" to your vote below. I have made who voted what public, as I think it is important that we can check old users are not being ignored, or that newer users are not being ignored etc
    Last edited by AgnesIO; 24-10-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would prefer a rep system with rep power being scaled back down again.

I wouldn't be against a like system if it included dislikes however.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    I would prefer a rep system with rep power being scaled back down again.

I wouldn't be against a like system if it included dislikes however.
    Made the poll - would you want a like system to start a fresh, or include old reputation (+/- reps)?

The thing is with rep, we will still have a reasonable amount, as we've been here for a long time (so got 1 point per year we have been members), and also posted a lot. I think they should stay the same - it should just be more points per rep power or something.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i hope this thread doesnt change @Chris;s mind about installing the like system anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    Made the poll - would you want a like system to start a fresh, or include old reputation (+/- reps)?

The thing is with rep, we will still have a reasonable amount, as we've been here for a long time (so got 1 point per year we have been members), and also posted a lot. I think they should stay the same - it should just be more points per rep power or something.
    A new system would have to have some sort of transfer with regards to rep. It can't just be scrapped.

I've got a super cool idea that just might work though!

We introduce a like system where we can like and dislike each others posts. Each person gets a sort of 'Like power', so a more well established user has more influence on the like rating than a newer user. And we could transfer rep power over to this new system, so nobody misses out. And say if somebody dislikes a post, it only takes off half the like power so it doesn't lead to abuse. And maybe a users like power should increase by 1 for every 2,500 posts, for every 400 likes they get and for every year they are on the forum for? That sounds like a great system!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    i hope this thread doesnt change @Chris;s mind about installing the like system anyway.
    Well, hopefully it will show what users actually want :L Not saying they want rep or like systems, but the other thread is quite difficult to work out now!

Personally, if it was to be a like system it would be good if rep was converted (should have made it multiple choice... can always make another thread and just tag in the people who voted for rep if likes prove more popular to let them re-vote :L)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Reputation system without a doubt.

--Nothing more to add as everything will get covered anyway--

With the second option, I'm not understanding how this would work. Would thousands of rep points just get taken away so everyone's rep power drops, or would the amount needed to reach the next rep level rise? (I presume it's the latter as it's more logical).

I'll just vote leave as it as for now 'cause confused.
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 24-10-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    A new system would have to have some sort of transfer with regards to rep. It can't just be scrapped.

I've got a super cool idea that just might work though!

We introduce a like system where we can like and dislike each others posts. Each person gets a sort of 'Like power', so a more well established user has more influence on the like rating than a newer user. And we could transfer rep power over to this new system, so nobody misses out. And say if somebody dislikes a post, it only takes off half the like power so it doesn't lead to abuse. And maybe a users like power should increase by 1 for every 2,500 posts, for every 400 likes they get and for every year they are on the forum for? That sounds like a great system!
    Love this idea, MOTM for sure.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

i want reward

(I think we are the only 4 people who even care about this topic now. Or the only 4 even on the forum...)

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    i want reward

(I think we are the only 4 people who even care about this topic now. Or the only 4 even on the forum...)
    I think the Habbox servers can only handle 4 people.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast