HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Current state of affairs at Habbox

Some say that if you wait long enough that people will surprise and impress you... well I'm kinda tired of waiting. The following image pretty much sums up my view on community management post-inseriousity. thus far:

From an outside perspective there is little-to-no desire for upper management to interact with their people. Perhaps they feel that they are already established in current community so don't need to try, idk? The word complacency springs to mind. Samanfa would rather play matchwood in-client than actually talk to the community. This is obviously unfair and not a complete truth but just happens to be a screenshot I took a few days ago that I want to use to drive my point home. The message is still the same though: people of habbox don't play/enjoy habbo anymore and it shows. Habbo is something we all have in common as it's where we all (or most at least) discovered habbox. Please don't let habbox fade, do ALL that you can to make the presence of habbox known in the hotel. Make your own fun and people will come in droves to join in and eventually the community will be as big as it has the potential to become.

What ever happened to staff having their habbox role in their mottos? It's important. When they're not performing their respective role they should still be representing habbox and a normal user should be able to recognise that. It draws people in. Plus it's so annoying when youre sitting in a helpdesk of 30 people and don't know whether any of them are staff. Just cos you're off-duty, doesn't mean you're entitled to ignore queries about habbox.

Onto events, I guess...

Please explain the varying rewards to your staff so that if somebody asks they aren't met with ignorance. Encourage staff to cast their nets wide and advertise the forum as much as possible.

Here are example stickers that are quite rare to find but super informative, these should be standard in all events imo:

Oh yeah, DJ events. Ever tuned into a show with a promise of coins when we reach x listeners then when the hour is up been told we were a few listeners short so no prize will be given? I have... It irks me. Please stop these type of comps, it's a 50/50 listener retention strategy that goes belly-up far too often. If you're going to give a room or x coins at y listeners, at least give a reasonable consolation prize for those that stayed dedicated. i.e. give more than 20c if 300c giveaway is promised at 10 more listeners. Be reasonable.

Diversity and innovation are key. I'm not a huge habbo event fan but if I hear about a brand new event concept I will be more willing to turn up than if I'm invited to play pod racing. Weekly stuff is cool too, get some routines going. Not just 1/2 weekly events, aim for 1 for each day or close to that maybe?

Incentive systems for staff need looking at too imo. I don't think +10 rep on forum for example is adequate enough for a staff member that goes above and beyond to perform every part of their role to the best of their ability. Need to do as much as you can to encourage your staff to get the habbox name out there. Don't know the full story on these systems though and they may vary dept to dept so won't comment any further. If anybody can provide details and comment on the current systems in place, that would be great. also more staff bonding in some depts is needed.

HxHD... don't really have much to say this time. Have spoken to most of staff personally about their views and think most are now slightly more aware of how to keep trolls at bay. Warning system revamp should help. Slightly worried about trialist pass rate and wondering what cause is. Maybe 5hrs is a little less reasonable than it has been in previous years?

afk-behind-desk rate also at an all time high!

Had some ideas floating around about opening help desk up to all habbox departments rather than having exclusive staff. Aware of popularity (or lack of, rather) of this idea but wondered what impact it would have. There have been talks of trying to expand the helpdesk as a community hub and this could be one way of doing so. do NOT advocate stripping the "helpdesk" name, though. Will let that one simmer for a bit before giving it too much thought.

so sad the best and most helpful helpdesk staff is no longer with us. miss u -usually-

Final note: All community staff should get involved. This means posting on the forum and often being active in the hotel. The sooner DJs and event staff realise this and actively participate, the more popular they and their shows/events will become.

Just feel like I need to express that I don't mean any harm when pointing individuals out, please don't take it personally lol. I think the dedication every staff member willingly gives habbox is what keeps it running. U are ALL great. even crazylemurs. I just want habbox to be a bit more popular.

If anybody has any other points of interest they want to raise please do so here and let's get some discussion going. thx for listening xx

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

The stickers in Events rooms regarding the explanation and prize options are required in all Events Hosts rooms. Trialists may not have them as they are only new but it is a requirement for all staff to have some form of explanation as to what Reputation and Tokens are. If they don't then yes, they can explain it one-on-one to the individual. As for the screenie you provided, Sho might have been trying to keep people in the event and therefore asked them to search her name for the next event so they didn't all just leave. She would have asked him again what he wanted his prize to be, and then would have explained to him what rep and tokens were so that he definatly got given a prize in some shape or form.

As for advertising the forum, we are working on getting our hosts to spend a lot more time advertising other Habbox sites and services. Whether its in the form of a bot, in the room descriptions/room promotion names or with the host saying it every so often, it is an issue that we are working on at the moment.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What's the point in posting this? I don't understand? One of these are made pretty much every month and nothing changes which I know of. Take some initiative Habbox Staffers!
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The main issues with HxHD and Events is that people STILL just talk to their friends (the hosts/staff) and don't try and interact with newer members/miss questions asked in hxhd. The amount of times either A) I've had to answer or B) A non-HxHD staff has had to answer a question in the desk because a hxhd staff member is too busy chatting to friends is pretty stupid. The managers of hxhd and events actually do try and interact and ik there are good staff members out there that will, but most of them would just rather stay and chat with their little buddies in a hosting area (or behind the desk) without trying to chat to non-Habbox member which defeats the whole ******* purpose of having community departments sigh.
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 02-03-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

In terms of the 300c competitions that you commented on we've actually decided that when we do the bigger competitions that we pre-plan it beforehand like get some hype about it going so the listeners are generally high before the competition is going on just so it prevents people losing out on the bigger prizes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skandair View Post
    What's the point in posting this? I don't understand? One of these are made pretty much every month and nothing changes which I know of. Take some initiative Habbox Staffers!
    Actually these feedback threads help a lot more than you all think. I can't say much for the rest of the departments but I know Sofi and I actually take a lot of things into account said in these threads. To be fair, some feedback threads are more helpful than others. The ones that point out problems and make an attempt at making suggestions to fix them are the best, but ones made just so people can vent usually don't help us much at all. Dunno if that makes sense but yeah

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mark

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Actually these feedback threads help a lot more than you all think. I can't say much for the rest of the departments but I know Sofi and I actually take a lot of things into account said in these threads. To be fair, some feedback threads are more helpful than others. The ones that point out problems and make an attempt at making suggestions to fix them are the best, but ones made just so people can vent usually don't help us much at all. Dunno if that makes sense but yeah
    That being said, what happened to the non-GMT SNQ? Did that flop?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That being said, what happened to the non-GMT SNQ? Did that flop?
    I wasn't entirely sure what was happening with that in the first place but as far as I'm aware Sophie thinks we should concentrate on the current SNQ first and then go back to a non-GMT one.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :odey:

Latest Awards:

I think this post is perfect.
    To those who have said these get posted on a regular basis, you might be right, but I've never seen one as thorough as this. People often toss these threads aside, but Kyle has evidence which, I may be wrong, I've just never seen it, I don't think a lot of people do.

And I'm pretty sure the evidence he has has been collected over quite a wide space of time, rather than just a couple of hours. It makes it a lot harder to ignore, to well done Kyle.

If I'm perfectly honest I couldn't tell you who any of the managers were for any of the departments other than events. I could tell you who I thought should be manager, but they're probably not.

I don't think the time you've been in a specific department should be one of the biggest factors of whether or not you get promoted or not. And I know this happens before anyone shoots me down, because theres been a couple of times when managers have said to me, 'if we promoted you, so and so would probably quit because he/she's been in the department longer', I think thats why people in higher places are failing, because they don't actually care a great amount, they've just been around the longest scraping by in their respective departments. That's my personal opinion.

As i'm only in events at the minute, I can only really comment on that. But it annoys me when event hosts turn up to an event and just sit there afk. They should be supporting everyone elses events how they would want to be supported. Cheesy, but true. Hardly any other eo's that I know of actually take part in other peoples events, some do, I'm aware, but definitely not everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    let it be always marked here that odey is a babe

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to
    show my audience that you don't have to be perfect to achieve your dreams.
    Because nobody relates to being perfect.

Katy Perry

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ah, I did wonder who would notice honestly I did . If I can't play a game on Habbo when I'm also doing Habbox work then what's it coming to, I still attend and play events and I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this) that screen shot would have been taken pretty late. I was paused on it a while sorting staffing issues (I'm not trying to make it seem ok), but it doesn't mean I'm not interacting with the community as such. I'm working a lot more behind the scenes currently which will be brought out to the community soon. I'm currently limited until tonight, but I'm never unavailable to interact with the community.

Also, I have my role in my motto, so people can come to me and it does work! I can't comment on the other stuff yet, but I will do.

I'm not saying that it's fine for me to not interact with the community x amount of time, but no one can be expected to be on all the time.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast