HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: AutoDJ

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Default AutoDJ

Hey,

I was wondering how come Habbox has never had an AutoDJ? Is there a reason, it would most likely increase the listeners? HabboQuests has one.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

It just doesn't work. A lot of DJs would just use that as a way to not DJ and it does make DJs very lazy, they would rely on it way too much. I don't think it's needed either because the radio is online quite a lot of the time.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The usual argument against is it makes the DJs complacent. Also there are legal issues with regards to storage of music files.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

HabboQuests have one due to their lack of DJs I'm assuming which is on 24/7. People don't actually use their site for the radio (I don't think they do anyway) but more for the quests and guides. If we brought in an AutoDJ it'd encourage laziness because DJs would just be like "oh its okay lets leave it off we have an AutoDJ anyway" and we don't want that to happen

And the radio is usually up about 160-168/168 hours per week anyway so I wouldn't say its necessary tbh

Tokens
    Habbo
    IzzyUhh

Latest Awards:

Yeah as it's been said above it would really make DJs lazy and rely on the auto DJ instead of covering for someone or something, and the only time it would really get used is mostly during international hours or during the morning
    I love food

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyUhh View Post
    Yeah as it's been said above it would really make DJs lazy and rely on the auto DJ instead of covering for someone or something, and the only time it would really get used is mostly during international hours or during the morning
    I think even the downtime during international hours/early morning has really improved too so it's probably not even needed then. Well done to HxL Management I'd say .

Tokens
    Habbo
    IzzyUhh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Despect View Post
    I think even the downtime during international hours/early morning has really improved too so it's probably not even needed then. Well done to HxL Management I'd say .
    Yeah defo has but I mean thats the time where not many people are able to DJ & wd guys woo
    I love food

Tokens
    Habbo
    Logandyer45

Latest Awards:

International Hours are picking up really good. I am suprised at the amount of slots that are done during the evening hours & morning hours of the timezones in the USA.

None-the-less, an auto DJ would not be a good choice as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone on TapTalk.
    Joined Habbox Forum: 16-02-2010

Former HabboxLive Senior DJ
    Former Content Staff
    Former Articles Staff
    Hannah is bae

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I do have one question, what does HQ having an AutoDJ have to do with anything Habbox does?

Also, as previously mentioned, there are quite a decent amount of DJs presently, and the radio doesn't suffer too much downtime anyway. Completely unnecessary.

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Personally, never have and will never see a need. If you want something that streams music you may as well just open up Spotify. If we start streaming music all the time we won't be unique, DJs are what makes us different to Spotify and the different DJs is what makes different fansite radios too!