HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default A social media campaign to warm the heart

This is so nice, I remember when I first saw it pop up on imgur and felt so bad for the guy

The internet might make a lot of promises about restoring your faith in humanity, but this story could do just that.

It begins last month when an anonymous user posted on 4chan a picture of a man dancing at what looked like a gig.

So far, not very faith-restoring, but wait, we promise this is a feel-good post.

The 4chan image was re-posted on Imgur, where the fact that someone had seemingly taken such pride in being so horrible to someone just having a bit of a dance upset a lot of people, some of whom wanted to do something nice for the man in the picture.

The cause was led by Cassandra Fairbanks, an activist and writer based in Los Angeles for the Free Thought Project, who started a campaign to do something nice for the man.

https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/s...17663655571456

Well, guess what? A day later, they’ve found him!

https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/s...17848507715585

Cassandra told i100.co.uk that the #DancingMan is a Londoner named Sean. He’s currently out of the country but will be “free for an adventure” in two weeks.

She said that seeing the initial photo of Sean “broke all of our hearts”.

"I wanted to do something nice for him. I sent out a tweet and spread like wildfire. Now we are keeping in touch as me and my lady cult, GNI (not actually a cult) plan an incredible party."

Stressing that it had been a group effort to find Sean, a group of women from every industry is now planning a massive party for Sean in LA, where presumably there will be dancing, a lot of dancing.
    http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...rt--lkRikpGual
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

it broke my heart when i saw the second picture poor lad

nice to know there's still some genuinely nice people out there!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

omg that second picture bless him

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Says more about the person/people behind the camera than it does the man clearly enjoying himself and where he is. He is having fun. He's not so bored as to have to take out a camera in the middle of a positive situation and ruin other peoples fun. It's like these people who film a gig or go out and insist to tell the world everything they are doing. Are you really having fun over what you are doing, or finding it fun to tell people what you are doing? If you are really having fun you wouldn't have time to tell people what you are doing, bar the one post or two on Facebook during a quiet, fleeting moment.

Good on the activists though - he now gets to have fun with other fun people rather than put up with some boring individuals who wasted their evening and possibly their money going out and only finding it fun to make a life commentary on people actually enjoying themselves.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

What a legend. People can be really mean. Such a nice thing those girls did, planning to throw a party for him!
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

aww I saw this on chive. so awesome.
    Last edited by sexpot; 07-03-2015 at 04:34 AM.

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Haha excellent, glad to see that most people aren't of the opinion that you can't have fun if you don't look right. Dancing is for everyone and I'm willing to bet that the person who took the original photos was some 18-21 spoilt twazzock who tags himself as #lad and thinks Dapper Laughs is someone to look up to. The second picture of the guy looking embarrassed is heartbreaking, nothing worse than ruining someone's enjoyment
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +