HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview tips?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Baabycakezz

Latest Awards:

Default Interview tips?

I am going for an interview tomorrow at gala bingo, it's the second one I've ever had.

Does anyone have any tips they can offer me?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

show ur boobs

depends what you're interviewing for, what you can do. i don't know anyone at a gala bingo so can't help. just tell them that you're great at shouting numbers.
    also depends what kinda person is interviewing how you should and can behave around them, either casual or professional.
    Last edited by David; 21-09-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Baabycakezz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    show ur boobs

depends what you're interviewing for, what you can do. i don't know anyone at a gala bingo so can't help. just tell them that you're great at shouting numbers.
    also depends what kinda person is interviewing how you should and can behave around them, either casual or professional.
    Lmao thanks Dave. I'm thinking act professional but have fun and joke with them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

I had a mock interview thing last time and it was really awks because i almost broke my chair
    but my interviewer told me not to say things I'm not (like I told her I wasn't very confident when she felt I was coming across as very confident)
    so I suggest you just keep calm, be yourself and keep positive cos like they will definitely want someone with a personality and not some random professional person
    also, don't forget to mention your hxhd role

good luck!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Baabycakezz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Expling View Post
    I had a mock interview thing last time and it was really awks because i almost broke my chair
    but my interviewer told me not to say things I'm not (like I told her I wasn't very confident when she felt I was coming across as very confident)
    so I suggest you just keep calm, be yourself and keep positive cos like they will definitely want someone with a personality and not some random professional person
    also, don't forget to mention your hxhd role

good luck!
    Lmao bless you with the chair!

So just say all the positives and no negatives haha that's good.

That's really helpful thank you Tommy!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What do you think went wrong with the first one? That might help you think of ways to improve for this one.

Stay calm. Don't rush your answers. If they offer you water, TAKE IT. It's a great way to slow yourself down or think of an answer if you go blank.
    STAR method is always good. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Start thinking of examples you've got around customer service (helping people), good with numbers + counting and whatever else gala bingo might want you to do - check the job description/person specification that you'll have seen when you applied (if it was done online) as that'll give you a good idea of what they're looking for.
    Don't fidget and keep eye contact.
    Smile
    Relax
    Take a deep breath
    You'll be fine

Tokens
    Habbo
    Baabycakezz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    What do you think went wrong with the first one? That might help you think of ways to improve for this one.

Stay calm. Don't rush your answers. If they offer you water, TAKE IT. It's a great way to slow yourself down or think of an answer if you go blank.
    STAR method is always good. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Start thinking of examples you've got around customer service (helping people), good with numbers + counting and whatever else gala bingo might want you to do - check the job description/person specification that you'll have seen when you applied (if it was done online) as that'll give you a good idea of what they're looking for.
    Don't fidget and keep eye contact.
    Smile
    Relax
    Take a deep breath
    You'll be fine
    Well my first one was 2 years ago and I got the job. So I guess it went well.

That's a good one with the water!

Thank you for your help!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

I've got the job in 3/4 interviews I've been to sooo here's what I did.

I'm not a confident person at all, even when it comes to being with friends I still hardly talk HOWEVER acting really confident and friendly with the interviewer makes such a difference - being able to generate conversation with them helps so much. Even if it's a fake confidence, they're not gonna find that out until after they hire you
    Don't stress out over giving responses to every question immediately. Take a bit of time to think about how you want to reply to their question (obviously don't sit there for ages in silence, or dont take ages to answer straight forward ones such as what's your date of birth ). You're more likely to give better answers this way too.
    Doing the simple things such as shaking their hand when they meet you, asking how are you in return to them asking you and smiling all make a huge impression on the interviewer. They're what sticks in their head when they are making their decision.
    Show a genuine interest in the role by asking questions or reading notice boards while you're waiting.

Ooh yeah go with Mike on the STAR method, most companies have adopted that

I can't think of anything else

Tokens

Latest Awards:

make a good first impression as they will make up their mind on you in the first minute or so. A good first impression and you almost have to lose the job, a bad first impression and you'll have to earn it. start with a good firm handshake, look them in the eye (not creepily lol) and be confident when you introduce yourself.

don't lie, a good interviewer can tell and WILL catch you out. you might get away with it but its not worth the risk imo

try to keep decent eye contact during the interview

take your time with answers. if you want to think about an answer, politely ask for 10 seconds to think. don't keep them waiting though and don't do this more than 1 or 2 times

just dont worry about it. if you dont get the job then think of it as interview practice for next time!
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Iirc, gala ask you things along the lines of
    What do you expect to be doing while working here?
    Are you confident in speaking in front of a big audience?
    Any previous experience?
    What do you know about the company?

There is also questions about bingo and how well you know / understand the game.
    Also dealing with customers queries and complaints.

Thats mostly all i can remember im afraid the interview i had was about 7 years ago!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast