HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default what's your revision method?

is it watching videos/writing notes/revision flash cards/reading stuff/mind maps/having group study sessions etc?

for me i have to be in either complete silence or listening to classical music or i won't learn anything, then i write flashcards! i've tried having group study sessions in the past but i never learn anything so i have to completely isolate myself otherwise i learn nothing and watching videos just distracts me and sends me to sleep

Tokens
    Habbo
    Prosiary

Latest Awards:

Have to listen to music every second of revision, I prefer to write flash cards with the most important stuff to revise and then do notes on all other and read over them every day until the exam I am revising for. I also find videos are really good too!

liam //

www.habbox.com/jobs

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Writing out all my notes in my best handwriting so I can be proud of my notes in a really specific way that works in my brain lol
    And revision cards that ask me questions on one side and have the answer on the other side.

Also I have to start up a revision timetable otherwise I never actually do anything!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Just keep reading and writing it rly messy on paper as I am reading!

Also I'll make notes on the computer and print and revise from them. Don't like handwritten notes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

I usually go through my notebook and re-write all the key points under specific headings

I listen to music too but they can't have vocals or it'll drive me crazy. I listen to film soundtracks or study music from Youtube

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

i like reading my notes and textbooks cos i find that somewhat interesting

then i make posters of topics with loads of colour and big heading and pics (espec with geography cos u got case studies and shit)

then for more factual subjects like re and the parables i use flashcards which is nice as i take them into my non academic lessons like compulsory pe and just read them

+ i always learn best with music, i love music!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

Even when I was at school/on my apprenticeship/doing my engineering qualifications, I never once revised.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

well rosie when doing my french gcse and a-lvl revision i found it very useful to keep rewriting out lines until i learnt huge paragraphs and even whole essays word for word which was quite useful for writing and speaking exams

also instead of paper flashcards you could use the app quizlet which is AMAZING and you will learn lots of vocab in no time

and yes i can't do revision around other people but i do like a bit of background noise or music
    Last edited by lemons; 08-01-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    well rosie when doing my french gcse and a-lvl revision i found it very useful to keep rewriting out lines until i learnt huge paragraphs and even whole essays word for word which was quite useful for writing and speaking exams
    that is exactly how I learned my spanish stuff and I could do it super fast too like start at 3:30pm one day and take the exam 9am the next day
    Just had to spend all my time rewriting and rewriting and rewriting and then it would stick

definitely don't think that method would work for everyone though

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

I normally rewrite all my lectures word for word and just highlight and go over my notes and write personalised notes in a green pen usually. I've tried flash cards and they don't work for me, when it's on paper I tend to imagine the page it was on and it helps. I study with a friend most of the time but I've found I actually do better by myself. I like speaking out loud what I'm reading in a really densed down way too.

I've changed rewriting notes word for word and have begun writing my notes on my laptop quickly, then printing them out, highlighting and then again making personalised notes on that. Sounds really messy and it totally is, but helps me a lot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast