HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Conor is offline The Santa of Habbox
    HabboxLive Guest DJ (Conor)
    Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

Default Habbox Raffle Tickets

Hiii guyssss,

You may or may not know that there are now more ways than ever to win a raffle ticket for the prize at the end of the month. (Check Community Notice Board for more details).

So what's you're thoughts on this? I think its a good idea as it gives people who think they never win at events (like me) a chance to still win tickets.

However, some people might say that its not a good idea because they'll be loads of people in the raffle, therefor it will be harder to win.

What's your views?

moderator alert Thread moved by Samanfa (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Spam' as it is better suited here.
    Last edited by Samantha; 02-02-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo

Guest HabboxLive DJ & Guest Event Host & HabboxWiki Staff & Competitions Staff

Previously one of the longest running HabboxLive Senior DJ, Ex Event Host, Ex Competition Staff, Ex Article Writer, Ex Help Desk Staff

See something on the Wiki that needs updating? Feel free to PM me info and I'll get it sorted.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

much better

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

oops i misread this thread completely.

bye

also good improvement wd managers

bye again
    Last edited by thms; 02-02-2016 at 04:44 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm glad it's finally come about to go over more departments, I remember Jake wanting to do that when he was manager last time.

The distribution compared to the Events Department to the Competitions Department (as an example) is a massive gap? In the Competitions Department, there may be the same winner for say 6 competitions (it's happened before) and they could potentially win a maximum of 120 raffle tickets just by doing that whereas if they won 6 events (that usually take more effort to win) they only win 12. I think perhaps this could be worked a bit more, I understand there are also questions the senior+ in the department could ask, but again that's still only 1 additional raffle ticket! I think a better raffle prize may interest players more, as the more raffle tickets they can gain then the more likely they will come to events. They also have to 'choose' the raffle as their prize, and when you can get a few Credits each time you win one round it might not seem as worth while.

Also, staying along with the competitions, you could boost entries a bit if you offered a raffle ticket for those who entered the competition and didn't win (of course it would have to be a valid entry and not one that doesn't go with the competition, likewise if someone commented in the competitions section it wouldn't count either).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is it just me or do you think you get too many raffle tickets from competitions as a prize when the focus I thought should be more so on events

Maybe not, I don't know
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I'm glad it's finally come about to go over more departments, I remember Jake wanting to do that when he was manager last time.

The distribution compared to the Events Department to the Competitions Department (as an example) is a massive gap? In the Competitions Department, there may be the same winner for say 6 competitions (it's happened before) and they could potentially win a maximum of 120 raffle tickets just by doing that whereas if they won 6 events (that usually take more effort to win) they only win 12. I think perhaps this could be worked a bit more, I understand there are also questions the senior+ in the department could ask, but again that's still only 1 additional raffle ticket! I think a better raffle prize may interest players more, as the more raffle tickets they can gain then the more likely they will come to events. They also have to 'choose' the raffle as their prize, and when you can get a few Credits each time you win one round it might not seem as worth while.

Also, staying along with the competitions, you could boost entries a bit if you offered a raffle ticket for those who entered the competition and didn't win (of course it would have to be a valid entry and not one that doesn't go with the competition, likewise if someone commented in the competitions section it wouldn't count either).
    Yes I agree here, HabboxLive have 10 slots per show which is a potential 7,440 tickets each month!! I mean obviously it wouldn't be hosted all the time but yeah if someone's winning 10 tickets for entering one comp on air that doesn't seem equal to winning one for an event which actually requires a bit of skill (sometimes) haha

I was going to speak to Jake about this later

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Is it just me or do you think you get too many raffle tickets from competitions as a prize when the focus I thought should be more so on events

Maybe not, I don't know
    From my understanding the reason so many tickets are being given out is to bring back the excitement back for the raffle itself. However, i could be wrong. Im just going by what Jake was talking to me about when he asked HabboxLive to get involved.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I thought it was a nice idea and there was a 1 ticket for 2 credits thing while I was comps manager. Not sure if it continued afterwards but yes just looked at the numbers and they seem very excessive. It's still a good idea to extend it to other departments though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

With regards to the competitions allocations, it is something I have been rethinking myself as when I came up with those numbers, I didn't realise just how many competitions there are nowadays. I think between the Events Department and Radio the allocations are pretty spot on. Most events can see 5+ rounds which with 2 tickets each, that would be 10 tickets through the hour which is what led to giving the Radio 10 tickets for the hour. The Help Desk allocations are pretty much as good as they can be as there is only so much they are able to do to give them away. But yes, I think I will speak to James about the Competitions tickets and I had meant to but have been a little busy as of late and didn't have a chance before I had to get the thread posted since the new scheme started yesterday!

What do you guys think to 5 tickets for the winner of the competition with 1 ticket for each entry which would also encourage more people to enter @Jam;
    Last edited by Meanies; 02-02-2016 at 07:16 PM.

cake

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

Some changes have now been made to level it all out a bit more. I've updated the thread with these changes but they are also in the spoiler below. What do you guys think to the allocations now?

cake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast