HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Job

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default New Job

When I was at college I started a job at a golf club working just on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I quickly got more and more hours and was working dull time hours whilst at college. It's a relatively small establishment with only around 15 full time staff. When I left uni I got a promotion to a managerial role and since then the owners daughter has become General Manager.

She is really friendly with a member of staff who I really don't get on with and to cut a long story short she has gone over my head to my manager with her "problems" with the rotas. Since then I have had this responsibilty taken away from me.

I have a lot of bad feeling about this and things keep happening and I really do not like working there anymore due to the member of my team.

Anyway last year when I got my promotion the Managing Director told me at the time he was really happy with me and would like me to stay at the business for atleast the next 5 years because of some really exciting stuff happening that he couldn't tell me about.

Anyway so I have been working there for just under 5 years now and I have applied for a lesser position at a much bigger golf couse just down the road. It's ranked #3 in Kent, where I live which is just behind 2 golf courses which are both ranked in the top 100 courses in the world. So I applied for the job, went for the interview and got called back for a second interview which I had today.

Initial interview was with the dept manager and the HR manager. My interview today was with the Head of Operations who is the person under the CEO. I think my chances of getting the job are really good and he was talking about 'your team' that I would lead and everything alongside the lady who gave me a full time job at my current place.

I want to go into hotel management and the place where I have applied for have just secured permission for their third golf course as well as a 130 bedroom hotel turning the golf course into a world class, five star golf resort.

Im really excited about the prospects of working here but I feel really really bad out of loyalty to my current employer who was always beleived in me.

Not really sure why I made this thread but what would you do? Do you think Im right to leave my first ever employer?

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

simply, more reasons to go to this new place than stay at your current. easy choice.

pigged 25/08/2019

Like scottish, Alkaz Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    X

Latest Awards:

If you don't enjoy working at the place you are currently at anymore then I would defo go for the new job opportunity. You do what makes you happy and you shouldn't feel bad about anything

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

there's no loyalty in business

take the new job if it's a lot more exciting
    Like Alkaz Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    there's no loyalty in business
    This is something I have learnt these past couple of months. It's not in my nature to be like that which is why it's so hard for me.

Cheers guys, just need to actually be offered the job now!

Tokens
    Habbo
    X

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    Cheers guys, just need to actually be offered the job now!
    I'm sure you'll get it
    Like Alkaz Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Good luck I hope you get it

Tokens
    Habbo
    X

Latest Awards:

@Alkaz; Did they tell you when you'll find out?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sibeel View Post
    @Alkaz; Did they tell you when you'll find out?
    Just got a call 5 mins ago and I got the job!

Like Absently, Empired Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    Just got a call 5 mins ago and I got the job!
    congratulations! whats your plans, when u hoping to put in your notice and leave?

pigged 25/08/2019

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast