HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Default Apple Keynote - 27th October

Rather excited for the Apple keynote on the 27th, Finally getting new MacBooks!

Rumoured to be:

- 13inc macbook
    - Discounting macbook air line (no point with the MacBook line now)
    - New 13inch and 15inch MacBook pros, with OLED Touch bar replacing function keys, USB C ports only)

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

macOS Sierra 10.12.1, released yesterday, includes hidden Apple Pay images that depict the brand new MacBook Pro with an OLED touch panel that's set to be announced by Apple on Thursday, October 27.

In addition to confirming that such a product is in the works, the images give us our first full look at the redesigned MacBook Pro ahead of its launch. An OLED touch panel is located on top of the keyboard, where the function keys would normally be placed, and it very clearly supports Touch ID, as it is seen used with Apple Pay.

As has been rumored, the touch panel, which may be called the "Magic Toolbar," appears to be contextual, changing based on what's on the screen. In the images, Apple Pay dialog is depicted, asking a customer to confirm a purchase with a finger on the panel. It appears Touch ID is built directly into the OLED panel, with no dedicated Touch ID button depicted.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/25/...ok-pro-leaked/

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Seen a lot about the OLED bar so I'm glad its real. Looks like it could be really useful.

Sadly if rumours are true, I wont be impressed if they're only putting USB C on the pros. They're definitely the way forward but I don't think they should be dropping USB 3 completely.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

EDIT: Scrap that, having seen the pictures, seemingly USB-C, not Thunderbolt.

Unsurprising move then, really. Frustrating that you'll need one adapter per slot, but people will move on (they got the disk drive right, after all...).

- - - Updated - - -

The touch bar does look useful, to be honest. However, I'm surprised they are spending quite so much time on it. Perhaps a way of diverting attention from the lack of main touchscreen?

I think Microsoft's "Surface Dial" will be more useful for creatives, to be honest - albeit probably not on a device like the Mac. It's also a way to make the Mac look "cool" to the average consumer, where people will notice it more than they have the last 4/5 generations which have all looked very, very similar.
    Last edited by AgnesIO; 27-10-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The Air has been scrapped in favour of a 13in pro without the touch bar, and watered down specs. All for the starting price of $1,499. 13in with Touch Bar starts at $1,799 and the 15in at $2,399.

Wow, the cheapest Pro seems very expensive to me. The other prices are unsurprising, given the Touch Bar - but $1,499 for seemingly the cheapest Mac laptop is expensive. Most students with Mac's seem to just get the lowest end option because it is a Mac- will that still be the case at minimum £1,300?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesIO View Post
    EDIT: Scrap that, having seen the pictures, seemingly USB-C, not Thunderbolt.

Unsurprising move then, really. Frustrating that you'll need one adapter per slot, but people will move on (they got the disk drive right, after all...).

- - - Updated - - -

The touch bar does look useful, to be honest. However, I'm surprised they are spending quite so much time on it. Perhaps a way of diverting attention from the lack of main touchscreen?

I think Microsoft's "Surface Dial" will be more useful for creatives, to be honest - albeit probably not on a device like the Mac. It's also a way to make the Mac look "cool" to the average consumer, where people will notice it more than they have the last 4/5 generations which have all looked very, very similar.
    The ports are basically Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C as they use the same connection.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    The ports are basically Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C as they use the same connection.
    Literally just got that

Still means adapters for everyone, at least in the short term - but the argument can definitely be had that if they don't move on, no one else will..

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesIO View Post
    Literally just got that

Still means adapters for everyone, at least in the short term - but the argument can definitely be had that if they don't move on, no one else will..
    Oh it does for sure, adapters all over. As USB-C is not all over the place at the moment. It would have been nice if they kept like at least 1x USB3 port and maybe the HDMI port.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

I like the idea of the of the touch bar, not fussed over lack of ports I'm fine with USB C I hardly ever use ports these days, most of my storage I keep on a NAS Drive anyway. Also not a fan of their being no mag-safe

Bloody hell though the 15inch is expensive, original wanted a 15inch but no way am I pay £2349. I'll more than likely go for the 13inch model at £1749 but should hopefully get 10% of that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So the new iPhone and the new Macbooks cannot connect to each other without buying an adapter for £20 to connect them...

Surely Apple should include one of those?

- - - Updated - - -

Apple has increased the prices of all other Mac computer's after Brexit.

Mac Pro increased by £500
    Mac Mini by £80
    iMac by £300

Amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast