HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

Default iPhone 6s Plus screen replacement!

I recently smashed my iPhone and the screen isn't in a great shape but don't know where to get it fixed.
    I didn't know if any of you guys have ever had it replaced b individual retailers or if you went straight to the Apple Store. I'm a bit hesitant to go to the individual retailers as I am led to believe that if you replace it with anyone that isn't Apple it voids any warranty you have with your handset and contract with your provider?

Opinion/thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Probably best to get it paired by Apple or an authorized repair center these days.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

Spoke to the customer service team on their webclient chat and they quoted around £153.44 for a screen repair plus taxes as standard and if they deem it more severe then it could be more if they have to fully replace the handset if the screen isn't replaceable (which mine isn't it has glass falling out).
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Probably best to get it paired by Apple or an authorized repair center these days.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Spoke to the customer service team on their webclient chat and they quoted around £153.44 for a screen repair plus taxes as standard and if they deem it more severe then it could be more if they have to fully replace the handset if the screen isn't replaceable (which mine isn't it has glass falling out).
    Yeah it used to be cheaper. I'm not sure really, you want whoever repairs it to do a good job

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

Yeah that's why even though the costs are high I'm leaning to Apple to repair it because a work colleague had their phone repaired by an individual shop and they ended up making it worse and completely screwing the device up so it didn't turn on and had to pay for a new device for them, and the one they have now doesn't even work properly.
    Ahhh #1stWorldProblems
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Yeah it used to be cheaper. I'm not sure really, you want whoever repairs it to do a good job

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

You could try Timpsons, they do phone repairs and I would imagine they can be fairly well trusted as they are not an independent store.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/services/m...screen-repairs
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

Can't believe I complained about paying £80 for my iPhone 6 replacement. I'd always be weary about going anywhere apart from Apple after I knew a couple of people who completely ducked their phones up getting it done in independent retailers

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Don't do me for fraud

Like Elegance Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

I did not know they did phone services, may take it for quote later on today as I think this is the company that is at Tesco stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You could try Timpsons, they do phone repairs and I would imagine they can be fairly well trusted as they are not an independent store.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/services/m...screen-repairs

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I did not know they did phone services, may take it for quote later on today as I think this is the company that is at Tesco stores?
    Yep that's right! They're at some tescos and you may also just have one in your local area.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast